Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sorry it's been so long...

It has been a long time between posts, I know. I apologize, but real life has been interfering. If you are interested in exactly what happened, you can read all about it in Dragonswhispers; it is just too long to tell the whole story again. Let's just say that at the moment, everyone's health is good, my dad is on the road to recovery, all the tornadoes jumped over us or went around us, and I have actually gotten to paint a bit.

One of the fun things that happens at Wet Canvas, are some challenges. Each forum has their own....oils, acrylics, etc...and some are for all media. They make us reach as artists, and often go outside our "comfort zone". Here are some I have done...

For January, this was our challenge photo:













This was my attempt:


















For February this was our challenge photo:













This was my attempt:


















In March this was our challenge photo:













This was my attempt:


















In April, this was the challenge photo:














This was my attempt: This is still not finished since I had several emergencies while I was trying to finish it.

















We are also have a two month Old Master's challenge; this month is Renoir. We can either do one of his, or one of ours in his style. I chose Two Girls at a Piano:


















This is where I am so far:



















Well, it is way past time to be in bed. Hopefully it will not be so long between posts now. Night all!

3 comments:

Saunie said...

I love the girls at the piano. You'be given this painting a fresh new look. It has been a joy to see all of your paintings. Saunie (from the WC site).

Anonymous said...

Your work is really interesting and I really like your techniques. This is the first time on this site. It will take quite a while to get thru everyone's work. I need to work on getting my paintings posted; how to----Jay

Susan said...

Thank you Saunie! I was surprised how much I enjoyed doing the Renoir. The next two months we are working on Van Gogh's...should be interesting.

Thank you, Jay! There are alot of sites, that is for sure!